Sunday, April 4, 2010

New Rule Implementation

During Day 1A of the Poker Face Araw ng Dabaw Special Tournament, I was reprimanded during one of the early rounds. I was given a verbal warning by the dealer for standing up from the table, even when I was dealt a card and it was not yet my turn to act.

Given that, (1) I was not around when the tournament began and I was assuming this new rule was announced while I was not around, (2) I understood the logic and rationale of the rule even if it was not explained, and (3) the floor manager/tournament director announced the rule to the room after I was warned, I accepted the verbal warning. I even informed my friends who were going to play in Day 1B regarding the new rule.


I was dismayed when the said rule was not mentioned or reiterated during Day 2 of the tournament. I noticed several players in my table committing the same violation multiple times. When I pointed this out to the dealer, she ignored me totally. She didn't even acknowledge my complaint and I didn't see her approach the floor manager or tournament director regarding this.

I personally approached the GM regarding the violations but not once did he even remind the players regarding the new policy.

Which makes me wonder? Why was I reprimanded and given a warning? Was I being singled out? Is the management serious in implementing this new policy?

I see it fit to ask these questions as I feel like I was being discriminated and I feel offended that I was singled out as the only one given a warning for violating a NEW policy which I was not even informed about.

I was gracious in accepting the warning issued to me, but I feel like it is not fair that I was the only one given such throughout the entire tournament even if there were several others who committed the same violation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails